Below is a brief history of the Gull Lake Dam:
- The original Gull Lake Dam was constructed in the early 1830s
- Powered a mill used by the Price Cereal Food Co until its closure in 1906
- Upon the mill’s closure, the dam’s condition declined over the next 15 years
- With the goal of providing maintenance, the Gull Lake Dam Association (known then as the Gull Lake Association) stepped in and acquired the dam in 1921
For more information on the current state of the dam, visit the Gull Lake Dam page.