Steps along the way…
• We changed our name from the Gull Lake Association to the Gull Lake Dam Association (GLDA).
• We changed the structure of the GLDA from a non-profit shareholder corporation to a non-profit directorship corporation.
• We submitted a grant proposal to the Michigan DNR 2019 Fisheries Habitat Grant Program in an effort to obtain partial funding for our project – Our grant proposal was not accepted.
• We have a newly redesigned website (Gulllakedam.org) which provides current information on GLDA activities.
• We became a federal tax exempt 501(c)(3) organization on June 17, 2019.
• The GLDA Dam Reconstruction Fund Raising Campaign officially began on May 10, 2019.
• We have made presentations of the Gull Lake Dam Reconstruction Project to the Gull Lake Quality Organization (GLQO), the Four Township Water Resources Council (FTWRC), the Richland Township Board of Trustees, the Richland Village Council and the Idlewild Association.
• Prein & Newhof (Contracted engineering firm) has completed and presented their final dam reconstruction proposal to the GLDA.
• We met our fund-raising goal of $993,000!
• We signed a construction contract on July 11, 2020 with Riverworks of Holland, Michigan.
• Construction will begin mid-September 2020.